ARCHITECTS IN FASHION


As an avid fashion follower...or should I say STALKER....I can often be found with my nose deep within the latest VOGUE or any other fabulously glossy fashion magazine I have found calling me from the shelves of the newsagency....But it was while entertaining my other magazine addiction - architecture and design mags, that I recently found an article about 'ARCHITECTURAL FASHION' - that is fashion inspired by avant guard shapes and form, less concerned with the shape of the body and more interested in creating bold patterns or forms through careful selction  and consideration of material combined with detailed pattern making - creating walking pieces of every day wearable art.

This got the fingers typing and the curiosity bubbling ....I knew of Zaha's fabulous 'Melissa' rubber shoes....which sadly I am told don't look all that good on...but I still think they are a work of art....

I wondered had there been any other Architects to throw their....SHOE into the ring???

Below are my findings.... ENJOY....




ZAHA ' MELISSA' DESIGN

ZAHA - LACOSTE DESIGN

MOBIUS - REM KOOLHAAS


UNITED NUDE - ARCHITECTS & FASHION DESIGNERS UNITED














EAMZ 'CHARLES & RAY EAMES' INSPIRED SHOES






Popular Posts