PARADISE or PARASITE


I am still on the search for my own little bit of paradise, or rather to be more precise the CBD in Brisvegas, and as yet I am still coming up empty handed…as I have admitted before this is probably due to the long list of requirements and how I might be just a little bit picky, or as my real estate agent has said.. “I am able to pick the eye out of any property!” – Lovely fellow he is… …so that made me think…I could design what I wanted, quality, area, and determine the perfect location... (Preferably 5mins from work – so rolling out of bed at the last minute was an option…) and just tack it on somewhere…



In New York they utilize roof tops of heritage listed buildings, the original buildings over engineered at the time of their construction provide the perfect foundation for light weight constructions, that can house 1,2 or sometimes 3 rooftop abodes, taking advantage of the sunlight, views and location.



With few substantial heritage buildings in Brisbane that have not already had their rooftops overtaken by air-conditioning plant, that option isn’t so viable. But as the ever optimistic profession (or unrealistic, as our project manager foes sometimes like to describe us), Architects around the world... some of us not letting a little gravity get in our way... have proposed other solutions…





Maybe the affordable inner city dwelling is a realistic goal for more of us..with just a little more creativity from our city planners … After all increased density is suppose to reduce urban sprawl, infrastructure spending and in turn makes us all that little more green ????




What do you say Town Planners? – Can you stomach the concept???…
Can you think outside of the boxy building…???

Popular Posts